Sesion 5 con Bianca rodriguez, lmft
In this sesión with Bianca Rodriguez, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, we talk about drugs and alcohol. We discuss what it means to be addicted and have a substance use disorder, substances that make someone addicted, we review cultural habits that weigh in how to set boundaries and ways to talk to someone struggling with these realities.
About 9.5 percent of Latinos will have alcohol dependence at some point in their lives, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
· National Institute on Drug Abuse: https://www.drugabuse.gov/es/en-espanol
· Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- SAMHSA HELP LINE: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
· Al- Anon: https://al-anon.org/es/
· Alcoholics Anonymous: https://www.aa.org/
· Narcotics Anonymous: https://www.na.org/
· SMART Recovery: https://www.smartrecovery.org/
· National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism 2015 Fact Sheet: https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/HispanicFact/hispanicFact.pdf
· Rethinking Drinking Facts & Quiz: https://www.rethinkingdrinking.niaaa.nih.gov/
· For kids and teens struggling with drugs: https://drugfree.org/landing-page/helpandhope/
· Teens, Teachers, Parents: https://teens.drugabuse.gov/
You can find Bianca on Instagram, FB and Twitter, her handle is: @YouAreComplete, her website is www.youarecomplete.com. If you have any questions for me, reach me at email@example.com or tag me on any social media. I'm @LatinxTherapy.